Friday, April 26, 2013

Marshall Sahlins

I think is still difficult to write about my career, although this is my second year. I feel embarrassed but now I don't know any link of an anthropology web site, when I'm studying or bored searching anthropology things I find interesting and meaningful sites, but I never pay attention on the address.
After this I will start looking (and remind what I read) for interesting anthropology on line things.

If I have to choose an anthropologist, today I will talk about Marshall Sahlins. What I know about his life is that now he is an important american anthropologist, because of his perspectives about the society, with a critic economic approach. His anthropology theoretical consist in change "natural" visions or assumptions incorporated on our lifes and social theories, that are funded on liberal and capitalism ideology. His methodology to conclude that, is the anthropology camp work and sometimes the archeology. I like this anthropologist because of his neomarxist approach, his innovative and critical basics and how he writes.

Regards!!


7 comments:

  1. mmm I will read somethink of him... thank you!!
    I am studying anthropology too, my first year
    Regards Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Daniela, it happened to me the same situation. This year is my first and I don't know much about web sites or famous people of anthropology. Any way, nice post :B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a little bit Sahlins, but i still dont know so much things about him. bye bye dani, and becareful with ismael's shaving foam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think that the things he writes about and the way how he writes are really interesting. Well done, Daniela.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember almost averything I had read and I think, in the future, it will be the same.
    Hope I remind all these authors and incorporeted their knowledge some day.

    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't know any web site too, jeje. make this post was so difficult for me, because i had to investigate

    ReplyDelete