Thursday, October 3, 2013

The language and Mr. Pagel

Hello classmates and everybody there! 

Today I am going to talk about a topic that I do not like so much. Language.
I think that is really difficult to explain what language is. I mean that we can make a lot of biology hypothesis or social hypothesis but it is a fact too remote and too rooted on our human essence that makes it (almost) unachievable.

In my personal opinion, obviously conditioned for my "social" training, I think that the fact (I mean the appearance) of the language is a social thing, and it did not happens one day, it was a social process, related with the evolution too.

Now, relating this topic with the video of Mr. Pagel's speech, that outline the process of the "beginning" of language and understand language as a communication system that solves the problem of the social learning (visual theft), inaugurating the cooperative societies where the language is a piece of social technology. Mr. Pagel says on his video: "once we have language we can put our ideas together and cooperate to have a prosperity". Also, Mr. Pagel can predict what language should be on the future: just one language for the entire world.

As I said before, I think is difficult to go as far as to say what will happen with language. I feel about language as a huge thing that we really can not figure out. But it doesn't make it something useless to social studies. Language is so rewarding studying our reality, the change in our cities and country, migration events,on psychology studies about learning on the kids mental process. 














No comments:

Post a Comment